Andrew Sever, MS, OTR/L, CAPS, CEAC is a licensed occupational therapist who has specialized in healthcare for seniors. Andrew gained invaluable practical experience in his 17 years at Wesley Woods Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia.
As an occupational therapist, Andrew is clinically trained to assess a person’s ability to perform everyday activities — despite any physical, cognitive, psychological or emotional limitations they may have. He evaluates the environment in which they live and identifies obstacles that hinder their performance.
In 2012, Andrew founded EnABLE Home Solutions LLC to address the growing desire among homeowners to remain at home despite their changing needs and abilities.
Andrew’s occupational therapy experience gives him unique insight into the individual’s physical ability and how they experience their changing ability. Combine that with the accessibility training he’s received and it’s clear that Andrew brings a unique set of skills to the issues related to remaining at home as your loved one’s physical and cognitive abilities change.
- MS, Occupational Therapy, University of North Caroline at Chapel Hill
- BA, Psychology, University of South Florida
- OTR/L: Occupational Therapist Registered/Licensed in the state of Georgia
- Board Certified in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT – National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy)
- CAPS: Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist, so designated by the National Association of Home Builders (endorsed by AARP)
- CEAC: Certified Environmental Access Consultant, so designated by Accessible Home Improvement of America
- Member, American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
- Member, National Aging in Place Council (NAIPC) Greater Atlanta Chapter
- Member, Design and Technologies for Healthy Aging (DATHA), Georgia Tech School of Industrial Design
- Member, Occupational Therapist, Senior Select Seal Professional Advisory Board